Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baroness Beret

Okay, okay, so I finished the Baroness Beret a while ago, but I have not had much of a chance to take pictures of it until a couple days ago, so here it is.

We've had a pretty cold winter, despite the lack of snow, and I don't always want to wear such a close-fitting hat like the Jacques Cousteau hat. It messes up my hair :-p. So the obvious solution was to knit myself a nice slouchy hat and Baroness Beret was what I chose:

The pattern was written by Susan Power and was well-written and easy to follow. The lace pattern knitted up quickly and was really a pleasure to complete. I used Knit Picks Andean Silk, which is 55% Alpaca, 23% Silk, and 22% Merino wool. So, so soft, with the loft of alpaca and the sheen of silk. I will definitely be using this yarn again!

I didn't make any changes to the pattern, it was that well done. I am very pleased with the way this hat turned out and have been wearing it quite a lot this season. Here's a picture of it during blocking:


In other news: I finished the tangled yoke cardigan. I've posted pictures of it on Ravelry and I'll discuss it here in the next post. I've also started the Arisaig Cardigan and will soon be working on an experimental hat with colors and cables. I may try to create my own pattern from that experiment. We'll see!

2 comments:

선미 (Sunmi) said...

Ooh that is a lovely shade of blue! Very pretty, as is true of just about everything you knit, Mrs. Matthews! :)

Froalabeast said...

Aw, Sunmi, you're too sweet.