Saturday, February 27, 2010

Finally Some Snow!

Now I know that everyone but Maine has been whalloped by snow in the last few weeks, but all that snow passed right by us and all we got was rain and power outages (well, not in our house, thank goodness). So just as we were hoping we might have been let off the hook this winter, we get a lovely weekend full of "wintery mix," which pretty much means "gross" and "stay inside."

And, wise person that I am, I am heeding the "stay inside" and working on the tangled yoke cardigan this weekend. I'm getting really close to done with it. All that's left are the button bands and I'll probably have to block it. I am really loving the way it's turning out so far. The cable looks great and the yarn is really soft. I'm using Knit Picks City Tweed DK, which is merino, alpaca, and donegal. It looks really tweedy and "rustic," but I can tell it'll feel nice against the skin. The only thing I don't like is that there are a few too many slubs spun into the yarn. I kind of wish they'd let the color speak more for itself. I'm really excited to have this sweater finished and ready to wear!

I still haven't taken pictures of the Baroness Beret in action. I am just lazy that way. Soon! I also have not made any Etsy progress. Last weekend I accidentally made a second right-handed mitten that should have been left-handed and I haven't been able to make myself try again, so that's been on hold, probably until I finish the tangled yoke cardigan...depends on how I feel later tonight.

I don't know what my next project might be. I have a few in my queue, but don't know quite where to begin. I have a gorgeous pink angora yarn that's begging to be knit into Arisaig, some alpaca that wants to be the Prairie Rose Shawl from Knitter's Book of Yarn, I could try to do Venezia, take II, or I could go for the Ivy League Vest instead (don't worry, they'll all get done eventually. I just don't know where to go next). Any thoughts?

No comments: