Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bella Paquita

...Is finished! Okay, so I finished it a while ago and am finally getting around to updating, but to be fair, it's been having problems since the moment I started it and I only resolved the last little hole on Monday, but here it is in all its glory:I am very pleased with the way it came out--a lovely sweater for the spring that can't decide if it wants to show up or not. Snow-rain-snow-rain--pick one already!
So despite the busy (read: intensely hectic) semester, I've still managed to find time for my favorite hobby (read: obsession). I've been working on some graduation goodies for the girls and have finished a couple of them, but you just have to wait to find out what they are ;-). I also made a pair of fingerless gloves for my Walker whose delicate hands get cold when he works at the computer.


A nice masculine way to keep his little fingers warm. I wasn't too crazy about the way the yarn feels, but the tweedy look is rather attractive, even if you can't really see it in this photo. Next up, if I make it to spring break unscathed is a pair of socks using the self-stripey yarn in glorious purple and yellow. Nothing to get excited about, but at least they're machine washable, which is something I cannot say about most of the socks I've made in the past. I'm going to change that in the future. Handwashing is no fun. Don't do it. And then after that, who knows? I'm open to suggestions as to how I might use up those last 3 balls of lilac yarn that Mary gave me =).

'Night all,

-Allie

5 comments:

Christina said...

very pretty sweater! I really do love the top of it. Maybe one day I'll make one too! (When I'm 100000 years old and actually have the talent and patience to knit a pretty sweater...)

Allie said...

Well, I can certainly say that this one required patience, given that I had to start it twice...I'm glad you like it though =)

선미 (Sunmi) said...

I'm still amused by how big those gloves were on me and Jodi. ^^

Also, the sweater is beauteous, especially the top half -- definitely worth the trouble!

Christina said...

Guess what?! I finished my sock!!! It looks so pretty...but it's too big for my foot :( I'm kind of sad. Maybe it'll fit my sister.

Allie said...

You finished?? Did you graft it and everything?
If you didn't graft it, we can take it apart and make it smaller again--I'd even help you to make the process go faster.