Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Senior Spring: Not as cool as you'd think

So it's been a really long time since I've updated and I'm sorry about that, but there have been some minor crises and adjustments that took place in the last few weeks. Not the least of these crises was the LSAT a couple of weeks ago--just awful. I'm still awaiting the results, but I already know they're not going to be good. My relentless (and often invisible) optimism was the only thing that kept me from cancelling the scores, which in retrospect, I probably should have done. Too late now. I'll just have to deal with the shame and grief when it comes. The other major crisis was my computer crashing and the OIT people having to reinstall EVERYTHING, which means that I'm still missing a lot of data and many of my programs are either non-functional or not present. So rather than losing a best friend (on whom I greatly depended), I have to deal with one that suffered a severe blow to the head and now copes with acute amnesia. Awesome.

But now that I've got my drivers mostly reinstalled, I can at least upload pictures again and update my blog! I should also add that I've been neglecting my e-diary because of the rather intense reading workload this semester, much of which is in French. With fewer art history classes comes fewer pictures in the reading, which makes the reading longer and considerably more boring. I know that makes me sound like an elementary school student, but isn't my love of pictures why I'm taking art history in the first place? It makes sense to me anyway.

Anyway: knitting. As I mentioned, the increased reading load seriously cuts into my knitting time, so I don't have much to show for my near 4-week absence. But being the accomplished knitter/procrastinator that I am, I have managed to make some progress.
I finished both the pairs of socks that I'd been working on. I like the way Walker's turned out--he even wore them the other day! But the elasticity of the yarn leaves something to be desired, so not quite perfect socks. Yet another reason not to go back to that shady yarn store in Adams. I don't really like mine, though. They look nice there, but they kinda look stupid on my feet. Could be something to do with the Walmart yarn, could have something to do with the pattern. Either way, I'll probably be donating them unless someone really takes a fancy to them.I also have been working hard on the Bella Paquita sweater with the yarn that Mary gave me. I started it a few weeks ago, but didn't read the instructions clearly enough and started it from the wrong direction. So I got about halfway through the thing before I realized that it was all wrong and I had to take it apart and start over. Now I have about half a sweater worked in the correct direction and should be finished with it pretty soon, especially since the correct first half was the harder half and the rest should flow fairly easily--just some K2, P2 ribbing. All that will be left once I finish that (which I should be able to accomplish during the ridiculously long screening of Les Miserables this week) is to adjust the neckline lace to it sits right. Woohoo! I'm really excited--this one's going to be pretty.
And now to bed, so I can punish myself with more pictureless reading in the morning.

Cheers,
-Allie

1 comment:

선미 (Sunmi) said...

Oooh I'm excited to see the newest sweater! :)

Hope you had fun at 100 Days!