Thursday, December 6, 2007

Productive Procrastination?

Like those who flock to Youtube to put off their studies, I find I am also driven to distraction, but less in the form of video entertainment (well, that too), but in the form of knitting. And so in the last couple of days, I've made some lovely progress on my knitting projects an not so much on my academic projects.
As promised, I have begun Christina's hat, and am nearly halfway done with it! I should even finish it within the next couple of days if I don't manage to find academic motivation. Here's a nice picture of what I have so far:I think it's going to come out rather nicely =)
I've also completed the first of those pink kid merino socks:It came out really warm and comfortable. And I especially love the way the lace cuffs were designed to be folded over like that so you can see the lace in that position. The problem is, though, that the pattern's heel shaping was different than anything I've tried and was mostly based on slipped stitches. Apparently I can't make my slipped stitches tight enough because there are some rather unsightly holes in my heel. Maybe I can block them so there are no holes... If not I'll just have to deal with it because I'm not taking the sock apart to fix something as minor as that. Maybe it'll be better on the other one--when I get around to making it.

As far as finals go, I think I'm on top of things. I've got two exams and two papers, but I've already written half of one paper and I'm not too worried about the other. Besides, being the relentless planner that I am, I have mapped out a work/study schedule to keep me on track without getting too overwhelmed or distracted. I know that sounds ridiculously anal, but that's just how I have to operate, otherwise I'll say "Oh, I can do it later..." and then it never gets done because I end up knitting all evening instead. Basically, I can't wait until a week from Sunday, when I'll be all done with finals and on me way home for some wonderfully lazy holiday time. Plus we'll be that much closer to Christmas, my most favorite holiday of the year. =)

Good luck with your finals everyone. I hope they all go smoothly.

Cheers,
-Allie

3 comments:

Christina said...

Both very pretty! I'm excited. :)

Christina said...

I looooooove the hat. Thank you again!! I'm looking forward to learning from the master next month (I know I say that all the time, but...seriously, I am). :)

Allie said...

Awww, I'm so glad you like it!
I'm looking forward to teaching you =)