Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Shower for Violet

I am seriously backed up with the projects I need to show you guys, but I need to get some better pictures of a couple of projects and others are still en route to their recipients and I don't want to spoil the surprise!  So the only FO that I've got left for you is a hat and booties set that I made for a friend's baby shower this weekend. 

This is the same little baby for whom I made the Yggdrasil Afghan, but I had some purple yarn leftover from Goddess version 2.0 (pictures are coming!) and I thought "How perfect would it be to make some violet colored things for little Violet?"  Too perfect was the answer, so here they are:
A lacy little hat using the Sylvia pattern by Tami Sheiffer.  I'm sorry, I have to share the picture of the baby on the pattern page.  It's just that adorable:
You've all heard me say that I don't care for babies, but I would have to be some kind of robot to not swoon over baby pictures like this one.  Look at those cheeks!

And then I made a pair of booties to match:
So cute!  This pattern is Saartje's Booties by Saartje de Bruijn.  I just love baby patterns that are meant to resemble adult clothing and these Mary Jane style booties are no exception! 

Both patterns were very easy knits and both are free through Ravelry!  Together they took me about two (very distracted) evenings' worth of work.  I used Elann Lustrado, which is 100% mercerized cotton in fingering weight.  It is a nice yarn and has a lovely sheen (hence the name), but I probably won't be ordering it again.  It was spun a little too tight for my taste, I think.  It does hold up nicely in the washing machine, though, and I do love this color.  Overall, a very fun project to knit.

Congratulations again, Vicki!  I am very much looking forward to the shower tomorrow and can't wait to meet little Violet!

Next time I'll either have a new top to show you or a new sewing project, depending on how good I am about taking pictures. 

Cheers,

-Allie

No comments: