Thursday, December 23, 2010
So although the stitch pattern was fairly complicated:
I did make one big mistake, though.
I've been noticing recently that sleeves in my size are a little too small to accomodate my "guns," as it were, so I overcompensated by knitting these sleeves in the next size up. Unfortunately I forgot that the whole sweater calls for 6-8 inches of positive ease, so now I have huge rather poofy sleeves.
I can't decide if I want to take the sleeves off and reknit them or if I just want to go with the "extra-comfy" aspect of huge sleeves and call it a design feature. That may be something to reconsider later, when/if I use the remainder of my stash. For now, I am very pleased with the outcome and have yet another reason why I can't wait for Christmas!
For next time, I've got a gorgeous lacy thing to block out. Another pretty little selfish project for me! Of course, if it doesn't take to blocking very well, I'll have some Christmas projects to finally show you!