Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hats, Big and Small

I've had both of these for a little while, just never got around to photographing and posting them--what a good shop owner I am, huh?  For all my talk, I have some kind of mental block about the shop.  I really need to get over this so I can get my name out there and make more sales.  Surely it's not as scary as I'm making it out to be.

Anyway, I've got three new listings this week: two baby sets and one ladies' beret.  I think these peach baby sets might be the cutest ones yet:


I knit them in CotLin, a very soft cotton/linen blend from Knit Picks.   I have both a small and a large set available, so if you know of any 6-month-olds to whom you still owe a shower gift, you're covered!  I can't get enough of those sweet little mary jane booties.  Not enough to make me want to have a baby just yet, but I do want to find a little girl to model them.  Any takers?  A free set of booties to anyone willing to exploit have their baby sit for a photo session.

In case you adult ladies were feeling left out (even though it was 90 degrees yesterday), I have a new beret just for you:


I had half a skein of leftover undyed baby alpaca, which really isn't enough to make anything, but a hat.  The  result is this little number, which I designed based on the "ladybug lace" pattern from Knitted Lace of Estonia (which is quickly becoming one of my favorite knitting books).

 It has a lovely drape to it, don't you think?  This is one of the softest yarns I've ever worked with.  In fact, I was considering keeping this for myself, but I already have a beret...anyway, I listed it today as the "ladybug lace beret."  Check it out and tell all your friends!  I will also have a couple more things for next week, both adult and baby.  I just need to make a couple of alterations to the adult item first.  Keep your eyes peeled!

Move update:  yes, Walker and I were thinking about moving to NC.  We did visit and did like it, but once we returned, Walker was offered a job in a local law firm and we would like for him to get some experience there for a while.  He also just started an accounting class and, since pursuing that career would have a big impact on what we do and where we move, we 're waiting until he finishes those courses before we make any sudden moves.  This issue will get readdressed in August and we'll let you know what we finally decide.


Cheers,

-Allie

No comments: