Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ivy League Vest

It's here! It's done! My first *successful* steek project, yay!

It fits great, too. The pattern I used is called Ivy League and was written by Eunny Jang. I just love her--she has the greatest patterns. In fact, three of the projects in my queue were written by her: Venezia, entrelac socks, and the Autumn Rose pullover. I guess she is my knitting role model *sigh*
Anyway, I knit it on size 4 needles and used Knit Picks Palette for most of the vest. The dark green is Berroco Alpaca Fine from an earlier project that I frogged because I just don't ever wear it. Although it doesn't feel very soft when you first touch it, Palette knits up so well, especially in fair isle projects. It's soft and it clings to itself just enough to make it a great choice for steeking. Love it.
For once, I didn't make any modifications to the pattern. It was just that perfect. I have nothing at all to complain about this project. Really. It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever completed, what with fair isle shaping and steeks, but it came out great and the instructions explained it all so well. Great project and I'm really looking forward to knitting the rest of Eunny's oeuvre in my queue.

Etsy news: Get excited! It's coming really soon. I now have 9 finished items for sale and have been noodling around with writing welcome messages, policies, etc. Mom gave me a deadline of May 1st since she'll be attending a baby shower then and so it needs to be up and have a bunch of baby things in it by that time.

I have a great idea for a baby hat for project no. 10 and then all that's left is making some graphics to make the site look *professional.* Charlotte has volunteered to help me with the graphics so I'll have to make her a little something special as a thank-you once the place is up and running. After talking about it for so long, it's almost here! I'm almost giddy with excitement :)

Cheers,

-Allie

1 comment:

선미 (Sunmi) said...

That is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose for it!