Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Time!

Yay, I finished all my Christmas gifts! Here are some pictures of the gloves I made for Mom. I tried at first to figure them out from pictures I found on the internet, but I couldn't quite get it right, so I had to buy the book, but it was worth it, I think: And the palm:
I didn't get any pictures of Dad's scarf because I wrapped it up before I remembered that I was supposed to take a picture, so I'll just have to do that after I give it to him. So then I didn't really know what to do with myself or my leftover yarn until I found a gaping hole in the gloves I was using. And what better way to replace them than with another pattern from the new book I had to buy? Here's the first glove I've completed.And the palm:I haven't finished the other one, mainly because I messed up by starting to make another right-hand glove and had to start over. Whoops. I'm sure I'll have it done in no time and then my fingertips won't be so cold anymore. Dad's scarf had some considerable leftovers, too, so I'm going to make Walker a nice pair of gloves, so his fingers will be nice and warm, too. I have a whole bunch of fingering weight yarn that I don't know what to do with, though. Any suggestions?
In other news, Christmas is in less than a week and I couldn't be more excited! We're leaving for Maine tomorrow afternoon and I'll get to introduce my new fiance to friends and extended family, yay! We also have job interviews with a staffing agency on Monday, so wish us luck!
And here is the customary picture of Jericho wearing his adorable Christmas collar that jingles when he moves. How cute is that?

Merry Christmas everyone!

-Allie

1 comment:

선미 (Sunmi) said...

WOW. Those gloves. They're gorgeous! And they look super warm, too! :) Hope you guys had a very merry Christmas (did everyone like their presents?) up in Maine! Will you be staying up there for New Year's too? Also, I can't wait to see pictures your dress!! :)