Remember that adorable Cable and Cowl Neck Sweater I made a couple months ago? Turns out the pattern called for way more yarn than I actually needed, especially since I decided at the last minute to leave it at short sleeves. So what do you do with 400 yards of bulky yarn? Turn it into accessories you'll probably never ever wear, especially not in the middle of June.
And that's how this little beret was born:
But the beret, of course, did not eat enough of the ~400 yards I had left, so I dug into Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Around and decided to give the moebius scarf a try:
So although I'm not so wild about this stash-busting endeavor, at least I finished that yarn and freed up some space in my stash for something more exciting (down to a modest 6 miles now...) Next, time: something I'm really, really excited to show you. I finished the Myrtle Cardigan and it fits!!! I finished it late last night, so no pictures yet, but soon!
Kitty update: Arty definitely has ringworm. We got the lovely lime sulfur treatment this morning, so we'll get the full measure of how awful it is tonight. We saw a vague sign of it on Branwen, but it hasn't been getting worse, so we're not very concerned. It looks like Arty's symptoms are already starting to abate, so we're hopeful we won't have to deal with this much longer. Poor Goofy Kitty :(.