Thursday, January 28, 2010

Daisy Hats

Spring is coming or at least I really want it to! And it's probably this wishful thinking that produced these hats: Mom's former assistant just had twin girls this past week and these cute little numbers were there to welcome them into the world. I knit them in Knit Picks Comfy worsted and Knit Picks Main line. I don't usually like cotton yarns, but the hint of acrylic in comfy actually makes it easy to work with.
The pattern, however, was not very fun to knit. I really don't like projects with a lot of sewing or finishing and this one required that the petals be knit separately and sewn onto the top. It was a bit of a pain for little kiddie hats and I don't think I'll be making them again. At least not in the same way.
They are awfully cute, though. Color is truer in this second picture.
In other news, Walker and I made it to NC only this past weekend. The snow storm the weekend before prevented us from getting any further south than Baltimore. Not a good omen, in my opinion. Last weekend's visit was much more positive, however. Charlotte was lovely, and we did make some important job connections, but it doesn't look like there will be any openings for us in the immediate future.
We're going to keep plugging away at it, of course, but for right now, we think we're going to stay in the Portland area. Rather than beat our heads against a brick wall in NC, we think we'll continue to gain experience here and take a couple of accounting or investment classes to increase our marketability. It's a little disappointing, yes, but much much better than rushing into something that coule turn out to be a terrible mistake.
Who knows, though? Next week I could find some perfect opportunity at a bank in Charlotte and we'll move in April, but the chances are much better that we won't move again until fall.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
-Allie


No comments: